Monday, October 5, 2009

making room

making room

i am slowly
letting go of
the people
places
things
i was holding on to
so that when you come
my hands are free
to hold yours
so that my heart
is a tranquil, open space
so that you can walk into my life
without tripping over
bones
scattered
and dreams shattered
i am putting them to rest now
letting what’s dead pass away
so that the living can come forth
so that I can breathe
and taste you
like sudden water
where everything was withered and dry
or honey
to make me remember
sweet
I am slowly, surely
letting go
throwing away
casting aside
discarding
clearing out
surrendering
all barriers that could stand between us
i mean,
i want us to be comfortable
so
i am making room

3 comments:

  1. I posted this because its where I am in terms of being open to being in a relationship again and is a part of the "Calling In the One" work I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dope. i love it and the way it flows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that's right, girl! Awesome words and flow.

    ReplyDelete